older pr Hóember Chess Blog: Comments on Round #6

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Comments on Round #6

For me, this game was the turning point of the tournament. It was during this game that I realized I was losing to a weaker opponent.
The opponent, a 73 year-old man (born in 1933), whose chess career was now in decline, always gave the heaviest nods when his position just started to get worse. (Until my dubious f7-f5 move I stood better, yet he had nodded heavily at a lot of moves of mine.) At first I thought that in that way he tried to make a diversion, but later I discovered that he used his head for nodding when he felt he stood better. (OMG!)
The way he treated the opening part was extremely unambitious and it seemed to me that he was not aware that what he was doing was not luring me into some trap but simply ruining his own position. Unfortunately, I failed to prove it to him and I don't think he is aware of it now.
When I committed that stupid f7-f5, which I never would after a good night's sleep, I felt extremely disappointed, and became disorganized. I had a strong feeling that I had missed something, and in spite of the fact that the position was still close to equal, I started to play like I were drunk. I made one mistake after another, for in my head the game had already been over.

...will continue soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Hóember Chess Blog Comments!
Thanks for taking time to comment this entry.

<< Home