older pr Hóember Chess Blog: Comments on round #1

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Comments on round #1

Firstly, my own observations (without having the game analyzed by computer)

11.Bd3
was a weak move. 11.Be2 was preferable. Then the advance e6-e5, which I excpected Black to make, would not have meant so much threat.
I saw the mistake already at the time of making it. (On move 11.)

22.Nxe3
was another one, that I made without giving any thought to it. I was expecting my opponent to take on h3 with the Bishop, which he did, but in my imagination his queen stood on g5, that is, the move I made seemed to be the only way for me to prevent the checkmate on g2... Incredible.
I did not lose because of that move, but it is still incredible. I was extremely hungry (which means empty stomach), which was my fault but it does not have much to do with chess. (But affects its quality nevertheless.)
22.gxh3 was preferable, after which there would have been more pieces left on the board, still with my material advantage and a safer king.

30.Bg2 was terrifying. On making it, I already felt it was no good.
I had seen that Qe4 could restrict Black's rook more, yet I decided, in the last second, to make a mistake.

34.Bxb7... Well, it just lost a piece, the bishop. I must admit, I did not expect that. (Qb4) Why? I was disappointed at not going Qb1-e4 a few moves earlier, so I forgot to glance around. I was busy gaining a pawn back...

...more about this round is coming shortly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Hóember Chess Blog Comments!
Thanks for taking time to comment this entry.

<< Home