older pr Hóember Chess Blog: About floaters in the eye

Thursday, October 26, 2006

About floaters in the eye

//This entry is still under development. ( Nov 23, 2007 )

This entry is not related to the topic of the blog, chess. But it is so important for me, that I cannot avoid mentioning it.

The thing is, I have been suffering from a severe eye problem since July 2004. It is called vitreous floaters, which are spots and ... floating in the vitreous gel of the eye.

I used to be a programmer--till I could keep ignoring the floaters, but now they almost completely prevent me from working in front of computer screens, and makes daytime very hard to cope with at other times. (For someone who ... It is something like taking waterglasses, placing forever-living bugs in them and sticking the whole thing to your head for goods, without the least hope of getting rid of them. You ara still able to see it anything but you never know when outside objects get ... by objects in your glass. Can you still ... ? Don't forget--your bugs will be there for ever. How do you feel? )
I already had floaters before 2004, but not of the size and darkness that I have been compelled to live with since then.
It is not an exaggeration, in opp... as many say. There are different kinds and sizes of floaters, and I unfortunately have a clue of that difference...

I am in my early-thirties. By my opthamologist, the cause is said to be myopia (i.e. nearsightedness).
Not any improvement in my eyesight has occurred during these 3.5 years. The situation has only worsened.

My goal with this blog-entry is to get in touch with people in similar situations, who are severe floater-cases, from around the world. (via MSN chats, e-mails, ..., anything)
I am considering only laser-treatment, which is not available in my country, but not vitrectomy.

My collection of related links:
http://del.icio.us/uvegtestihomaly


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Sun Mar 01, 09:32:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zoli, I just wanted to pay you a quick visit after you sent me a note re:RHP yourself v RevRSleeker.
Don;t resign, I may have a solution, please respond to my message.
I understand completely how VF can undermine any day, I have been living with it for nearly 4yrs now and I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Cheerio, speak soon, Dean Graham.

 
At Thu Mar 11, 12:46:00 PM 2010, Blogger HóemberChess said...

@Dean:
Thank you. Could you please keep me informed?
(I haven't noticed this comment until now.)

 
At Thu Mar 11, 12:48:00 PM 2010, Blogger HóemberChess said...

@Dean:
I have been banned from RHP for more than 1 year--that must be a reason why you had not gotten an answer.

 
At Wed Apr 21, 11:36:00 AM 2010, Blogger Pooja said...

Eye floaters also known as vitreous floaters which fill up the back 3/4ths of a person’s eye and hence one can observe small shadows on the retina. To individuals eye floaters appear alike tiny flecks, cobweb or cloud-like formation. There are two ways for removal of eye floaters known as vitrectomy and
laser Treatment. Laser treatment is more accurate than vitrectomy. For more details refer eye floaters treatment

 

Post a Comment

Welcome to Hóember Chess Blog Comments!
Thanks for taking time to comment this entry.

<< Home